Tuesday, December 27, 2016

2016 Year End Review

I know everyone has been saying F 2016... get it out of here, blah blah blah. And when I think of the tough times, I agree. Horrible to lose some important family members of both Sky and I. Sad to see what is happening to America with politics. Difficult times with cancer of loved ones. It's rough to think through all of this. It all makes me feel so helpless as well. I don't want to not mention these hard times as they help shape today but for this post, I want to talk about the great things of 2016 and what tomorrow holds.

Well to start, Sky and I have been having a blast traveling! Ski trips to A-Basin and Taos. A European vaca to Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic, Finland and Iceland. Two trips to Gila for the 4th of July and Thanksgiving. Our annual Glenwood Springs trip with Petey for our birthdays and 3-year anniversary. Great weekends away with our dear friends Kaiti and Stefan to Ruidoso for Oktoberfest and camping in the Rio Grande National Forest. Lots of work trips for me to California, North Carolina, Chicago and my second home, Philadelphia. And finally, Aspen, where we got engaged and Jackson Hole for New Years this week.

I had the pleasure of meeting more of Skyler's family and friends. And under sad circumstances, Skyler got to meet a lot of my Texas family. We hosted our first ever annual Derby party which was the best party I've ever hosted! Despite the weather, the company, booze and food were fabulous! A week after getting engaged, we expanded our family with the addition of Layla, the newfie. She's already more than doubled in size! She's super fun and Petey and her have a blast together. Outside of all the personal stuff, I've had an amazing opportunity with my job. I'm so thankful for such a great job, boss and company.

Next year, we have tons to look forward to... Jackson Hole New Years, Cuba, ski trips to Telluride and Aspen and many more trips to Philly. We will be remodeling part of the house to create a master suite. On top of traveling and remodeling, I go into the new year with a renewed focus on health and fitness (a great excuse as a bride, HA I'm a bride!!). I also continue to have the opportunity to have a great job. I love my boss, my job and my company. I look forward to another year to grow my career. And thanks to my career, I paid off tons of debt in 2016! I go into next year with barely any student loan money left to pay off. I will have paid my loans off a year and half in advance of my goal!

And the best part of next year, Skyler and I will be getting married in Gila! I can't wait to say my forevers to Skyler. He is the best partner, best friend and lover I could ever ask for. We plan to likely celebrate our honeymoon at the end of the year in the Philippines, Vietnam and Cambodia. Can't wait to go on another adventure with my honey and my new husband!

2017 should be amazing. Puppy love, lots of travel, health goals and getting married! Life is good. Happy New Year!

No comments: