Wednesday, March 06, 2013

No one is perfect

I had a moment today of negative thoughts. It happens when someone asks me about something near and dear to my heart. It it happens when I'm faced with trying to figure out how to solve a problem that I've been racking my brain on. So in the midst I turned to a friend of mine and said, "shit, I've got to stop this." "I have to stop being negative about this." He agreed. Told me to go do something about it. In that moment, I googled getting rid of negative thoughts. Lame? Sure! But honestly I'm open to anything to help solve this.

Google gave me 10 tips from littlebuddha.com. 1. Meditate or yoga. Well my attempts at meditation have been unsuccessful... I'm impatient. Yoga. I actually love now but I have a broken wrist so forget that. 2. Smile. I can do this. 3. Surround yourself with positive people. Ok I can mostly do this. If they can make me laugh or laugh with me then I've fulfilled this. 4. Change your tone of thoughts from negative to positive. I remind myself that feedback is a gift. I chose to use it or not. 5. Don't play victim. You create your life -take responsibility. Okay. I'm dramatic. It's easy to play victim when you can't figure out how to solve the problem. 6. Help someone. This I can do. This is something I love to do. I will do it. 7. Remember that no one is perfect and let yourself move forward. Sigh. This hits home. I'm not perfect and I can't please everyone. And I'm never going to be perfect. Just keep getting better right? 8. Sing. I already did this! Not a good singer. Not the point. 9. List five things that you are grateful for right now. My family, my friends, my job, my health and my running legs. 10. Read positive quotes. Sorta lame but here I am ready a reading an article so I'm pretty much there already.

So I'm already more positive and thankful. It may be lame to you and I applaud you, that you are strong enough to not need this. I'm human. Just trying to be better and make the most of this awesome, most ridiculous life.

No comments: